To raise Philippine Theater to heights of professional and artistic excellence.
Tanghalang Pilipino, to this end, will:
- Develop theater artists by giving them opportunities for training and performance that will refine their skills and their art.
- Develop playwrights by including original Filipino plays in each theater season.
- Bring to the experience of both artists and audience the best of Philippine and global tradition.
- Educate and awaken the cultural consciousness of the Filipino audience
- Form the nucleus for a future national theater.
This it will do through the following concrete measures:
- Form an actors’ company, and design plans for their training, development through performance, and sustenance through professional remuneration.
- Stage a carefully planned yearly season of plays which will include original Filipino plays, traditional and contemporary, foreign plays in translation and/or adaptation, the hallmark of all of which is professional and artistic excellence.
- Develop the Philippine theater audience through didactic theater performances, marketing programs and other related activities like symposia, seminars, etc.
- Encourage and develop Philippine writing by commissioning and providing opportunities for staging original Filipino plays in dialogue and cooperation with the playwright.
- Reach out to other theater artists and companies in Manila and the provinces by tours, exchanges, guest directors, guest artists, and other outreach entertainment foci, even company anniversaries, parties, town fiestas, and overseas companies through cultural and exchange agreements.
- Build a better theater arts management academe which will impart more training in the technical aspect, management-wise, marketing-wise and production-wise.